Create your own business the Australian way with MWT Institute Diploma of Management (Small Business)!
Over the last decade, Australian small businesses have grown to account for 95% of Australia’s private sector, employing well over 50% of Australia’s workforce.
This nationally accredited qualification includes BSB51107 Diploma of Management, BSB40407 Certificate IV in Small Business and 22237VIC Certificate II in General Education for Adults, and is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to successfully start and grow your own business.
This course covers all the fundamental aspects of running a small business. You will learn about financial planning, risk management, marketing your business, client relationship building and managing small teams. Options to access face to face mentor support will also be available to you.
On average, small business owners take home an income that is 40% higher than employed individuals. It is a fantastic way to increase both your income and skill base, and is applicable across all business frameworks
||Mixed mode - Learners are required to attend a number of compulsory full day workshops at the start of the course, then complete the remaining course work online.
||up to 11 months
||We recommend our learners allocate 15-20 hours p/w.
Subject to individual learning capabilities
|No. of units
||There are no academic prerequisites to this course
- Unit assessments (UA's): completed during workshops
- CAT's: completed online
|Course completion requirements
||In order to complete your course and receive your qualification you require:
100% class attendance
100% timely submission of assessment
- How to develop a business plan
- Identifying innovative small business opportunities
- Developing smart solutions to small business challenges
- How to be creative and entrepreneurial in turning small business ideas into action
- Small business owner
- Small business manager
- Small business operator
- Cafe or restaurant owner
- Online retail business owner
- Pre-training review to determine course entry level
- Compulsory weekly workshops covering course induction, course work, learner support and Learning Management System (LMS) induction
- Monthly Q&A online tutorials to meet with your mentor, who will offer support and assistance with course units and assessments
- Job placements for exceptional students
- Opportunities to network in relevant industry events
- Offer student memberships to relevant industry associations
MWT Institute has a flexible learning platform which caters to student/employer needs (online or mixed mode).
We facilitate access to a dedicated mentor via email, phone or video conference. Our courses are developed to achieve optimal knowledge transfer and ensure positive learning outcomes for our students.
We offer quality education at competitive rates, including government funding to eligible students. We encourage our students to initiate discussion and interaction with one another through an online environment.